BE PART OF THE PROFESSION'S MOST IMPORTANT CONVERSATIONS
No matter where you are in your career or how you practice, the FPA Puget Sound Symposium offers stimulating content and sessions relevant to you.
7:30 AM - 8:30 AM: Registration, Breakfast & Networking
8:30 AM - 8:45 AM: Welcome & Opening Remarks
8:45 AM - 10:00 AM: General Session
Fine to Flourish: Making Review Meetings Fun Again
Meghaan Lurtz, Ph.D., FBS™ - Professor at Kansas State University & Speaker with Kitces.com
10:00 AM - 10:30 AM: Break
10:30 AM - 11:30 AM: Session Block 1
- 1A: Hidden Revenue Gaps: Solutions with Trustee Services - Christopher Holtby - Wealth Advisors Trust Co. (1 CFP, CPA, CIMA CE)
- 1B: Understanding the Opportunities in Impact Investing - Josh Hile, CFA, CPA - CEO, Citizen Mint (1 CFP, CPA, CIMA CE)
- 1C: Practical Application of the New Washington State Long-Term Capital Gains Excise Tax - Ashley Francis, CPA - The Francis Group, PLLC & Heidi Bitterman - Whittier Trust (! CFP, CPA, CIMA CE)
11:30 AM - 11:40 AM: Transition Break
11:40 AM - 12:40 PM: Lunch & Chapter Update, FPA Puget Sound President, Brian Burgess, CFP®
12:40 PM - 12:45 PM - Transition Break
12:45 PM - 1:45 PM: Session Block 2
- 2A: Opportunities in Global Real Estate & 721 Tax Free Exchanges - Jeff Walters, CFP® & Ryan McCullough - Hines Real Estate (1 CFP, CPA, CIMA CE)
- 2B: 2 Scary Things: Figuring Out How to Pay for College & Discussing it With Your Child - Heidi King I College Inside Track (1 CFP, CPA, CIMA CE)
- 2C: Trust and LLCs in Private Client Insurance & Risk Management - Ian Chamberlin, CPCU, SCLA I PURE Insurance (1 CFP, CPA, CIMA CE)
1:45 PM - 2:15 PM: Afternoon Refreshment Break - Bring Your Sweet Tooth!
2:15 PM - 3:15 PM: Session Block 3
- 3A: Discover Effective Teams: How Conversation, Relationships, Work & Outcomes Hold the Keys to Highly Successful Teams - Liv Olson, CEO - Liv Olson Consulting (Pending CE approval)
- 3B: Welcome Back, Income - Venk Reddy - Osterweis Capital Management (1 CFP, CPA, CIMA CE)
- 3C: Monetizing Home Equity - Rebecca Rainsberger - Longbridge Financial (1 CFP, CPA, CIMA CE)
- 3D: Five Golden Rules of Business Development - Marilyn Richards - Richards Consulting Group (Practice Management)
3:15 PM - 3:25 PM: Break
3:25 PM - 3:35 PM: Drawings & Giveaways - Main Ballroom
3:35 PM - 4:35 PM: Closing General Session
Applied Behavioral Finance
Jay Mooreland, MS, CFP® - Behavioral Finance Network
4:35 PM - 4:40 PM: Closing Remarks
4:40 PM - 6:00 PM: Wine Down & Hors D'oeuvres!
Join FPA and our Partners for Wine Down & Hors D'oeuvres! The generous support from our Partners makes this event possible and we thank them for supporting our mission. The mixer will be a great opportunity to foster conversation and make lasting connections.