Ashley Francis, CPA - The Francis Group, PLLC & Heidi Bitterman - Whittier Trust
This session will give an overview of the new Washington State Long-Term Capital Gains Excise Tax that was recently upheld by the State Supreme Court as well as some planning opportunities and pitfalls to be aware of.
- Understand what income is subject to the Washington State Long-Term Capital Gains Excise Tax.
- Understand what income is exempt from the tax.
- Understand who will be impacted by the tax.
- Understand some of the planning opportunities to mitigate the tax.
- Understand some of the pitfalls.
Ashley Francis has been a CPA for over 20 years with a focus on Ultra-High Net Worth individuals and family groups. She specializes in sophisticated income, estate and gift planning as well as trust and estate accounting and taxation.
Heidi Davis is a Vice President and Client Advisor in Whittier Trust’s Seattle and Portland offices. Her primary focus is providing financial, fiduciary, and family office services to high-net-worth families and individuals. Heidi enjoys collaborating closely with clients and their advisors to tailor investment, wealth management and wealth transfer strategies to meet her clients’ specific needs, goals and values. Heidi has more than fifteen years of experience in the estate planning, trust and fiduciary services industry.