FPA’s Advocacy Policy and Vision
- FPA advocates for elevating the financial planning profession
- To elevate the financial planning profession, FPA advocates for the concept of one profession/one designation.
- FPA advocates that the one designation be the CFP® marks.
- FPA advocates for distinguishing financial planning from other types of financial advice.
- FPA advocates for our core member, the CFP® professional who practices financial planning.
Therefore, FPA’s advocacy policies support the following vision: That financial planning is delivered by a CFP® professional under a fiduciary standard of care, which supports establishing financial planning as an honorable profession—recognized in law and by the public—based on the CFP® marks and practiced by professionals who are required to adhere to the standards that the CFP® marks represent.