This merit-based scholarship is awarded to financial services students and professionals who demonstrate and act upon an intense desire to promote diversity in the financial planning profession.
FPA Annual Conference Application is open! Submissions are due August 31, 2022!
Criteria for applicants includes:
- Raising awareness of the profession in diverse communities;
- Serving diverse communities with financial planning; and
- Increasing professional opportunities for diverse communities within the financial planning profession.
The Scholarship Award includes:
- Registration to applicable conference
- Travel, lodging and meals to attend conference
- Ground transportation reimbursement
- 1-year FPA membership
- 1-year of FPA chapter meeting fee reimbursement (one chapter meeting per month for 12 months after scholarship is awarded)
- Consultation with FPA staff and volunteers to learn how we can support the scholarship winner. This can vary from media training, introductions to mentors, ways to become content contributors, volunteer leadership opportunities, and more. We strive to meet awardees where they are and support as we can on their journey.
- FPA Annual Conference 2022 Application is open. Submissions are due August 31, 2022.
- Electronic application form
- Preview of application form. We are directing all submissions to the electronic application. If you'd like time to review your answers and prepare before submitting them, feel free to preview the application via this PDF.