Ian Chamberlin, CPCU, SCLA - PURE Insurance
In the private client market, a common practice used in the management and protection of wealth is the use of trusts or other legal entities, such as limited liability companies (“LLCs”). This course will provide essential information regarding these legal entities and the insurance implications of the creation and use of these legal entities to better enable insurance, financial planning and wealth advisory professionals to better advise their clients.
- Identify the differences between a trust and LLC.
- Understand the purposes and uses of trusts and LLCs for asset protection and/or legacy planning.
- Understand the implications of trusts and LLCs on personal insurance coverage.
- Explain potential ways to structure insurance policies to provide adequate coverage for both individuals and the legal entities holding their assets.
- Understand the importance of proper management of legal entities to better protect client assets.
Ian is an experienced insurance claims leader with a passion for the business of insurance and development of the next generation of professionals. Ian has over 15 years of claims experience, with over 10 years’ experience in High Net Worth claims, including the management and resolution of employment practices liability, workers’ compensation, complex coverage and high exposure liability and injury claims.