Join us for a great day of in-person education!
We are looking forwarding to hosting you on November 10 at Mariners Conference Center. Presentations are scheduled throughout the day at approximately 8:15 AM, 9:25 AM, 11:05 AM, 12:55 PM, and 2:00 PM. We will meet for an in-person Happy Hour as well. More details will be sent out about the Happy Hour.
Cost: FPA Members $30 | Non-Members $50
Current Students, FPAOC Passholders, & Partners - You're discount code will get you complimentary access to the QEM. Contact Admin@FPAOC.org if you have any questions.
We anticipate offering 5.0 hours CE for CFP® Professionals and 5.0 hours CPA CPE.
1) What's The Wrong Price (current market conditions) - Harley Bassman, 35-year Senior Managing Director on Wall St., creator of the MOVE Index, and Managing Partner at Simplify Asset Management shares his views on how shifts in monetary policy, demographics, and volatility are impacting asset prices and our broader financial system as a whole.
Mr. Bassman discusses the current market environment, implications for equities, fixed income, real estate, and derivative markets, and what this might ultimately mean for policy makers and investors alike. Participants will gain insight into actionable steps to navigate the current market environment.
2)Direct Index Investing - Have you ever wanted to customize your clients’ portfolios, but felt that ETFs or mutual funds just weren’t up to the task? If so, you might want to consider personalized indexing, a technology-based approach for customizing your clients’ investment portfolio to reflect their unique values, financial objectives, and tax-loss harvesting needs. Traditionally, only institutional or ultra-high-net-worth investors had access to personalized indexing portfolio management tools. Attend this session to learn how you can grow your business by creaking bespoke investing experiences for your clients—at scale.
3)Cryptocurrency- Education is the foundation of the financial advisor-client relationship. Advisors need to be educated--not just before they start their practice, but on an ongoing basis throughout their career. In turn, the most effective financial advisors educate their clients, empowering them to make sound financial and life decisions.
Join Onramp CEO & Co- Founder Tyrone Ross as he breaks down the essentials and investment theses for Crypto to empower today's financial advisors to be better prepared to speak to clients about this asset class.
4)California Tax Update- This California tax update will help CFPs understand new California laws that affect planning for both tax and financial planning. We will discuss:
* AB 150 and the Passthrough Entity SALT tax regime
* AB 80 and how California's nonconformity to federal PPP forgiveness can increase the California tax liability
* Leaving California and how your clients who want to leave California should structure their move to minimize the effect of residency audits and suggestions on how to handle business that are sold before of after the move
* Other miscellaneous cases and legislation that would be of interest to CFPs.
5) Advisor Internship Program - We'll share our experiences with interns (summer, school-year, international/domestic students) over the past 13 years. We'll focus on benefits to the firm, how to craft a good experience for the intern, and will share learning lessons and what we've identified as best practices for our firm.
To ensure the safety of our guests and staff, please note FPAOC only requires masks for unvaccinated individuals indoors if there is no social distancing. We request that, if you are unvaccinated and choose not to wear a mask you maintain social distancing as required out of respect for the law and your colleagues. For individuals who are fully vaccinated but uncomfortable knowing that we cannot monitor or enforce social distancing rules, please note that you are welcome to continue wearing a mask. ‘’Fully vaccinated’’ means you have received at least 14 days prior either a second dose in a two dose COVID-19 vaccine series or a single dose COVID-19 vaccine Pursuant to Center for Disease Control Guidance. If you are experiencing any COVID 19 symptoms, including fever or chills, cough, difficult breathing, sore throat, or new loss of taste or smell, please stay home. If you are exhibiting symptoms while at a FPAOC event, you may be asked to leave.