Resume Book (Full Time resumes) $50
Both resume books include the special session
Special session Only $15 (no resumes)
Online registration for this event is now closed.
The 20th Annual FPA DFW career hiring event will be held virtually the week of Monday, October 2nd through Friday, October 6th, 2023.
What is Virtual Career Week?
Our mission is to help candidates get employment opportunities to further their career goals and, at the same time, help employers find their next Star to add value to their firm. In recent years, it has been a challenge for students to travel to DFW for a full-day event during the middle of the semester. To ensure we are providing ample opportunities for our members to connect with quality applicants, we have decided to shift our career hiring event this year to a virtual format. We will provide our members with resume books for full-time and/or internship candidates. As a participating hiring firm, you will have the flexibility to schedule your own interviews directly with the candidates to be held during our Career Week of Monday, October 2nd through Friday, October 6th, 2023.
Would you like to interview potential candidates? Register no later than Monday, September 18, 2023.
How Does the Virtual Career Week Work?
- Students and interested interviewees MUST register online and email a copy of your resume in a PDF file (Last Name, First Name) ONE-PAGE RESUME ONLY (no cover letter necessary) to CareerDay@fpadfw.org by Monday, September 18, 2023, to be included in the resume book. In your email to FPA DFW, please indicate whether you are looking for a full time or internship position.
- Hiring firms must submit their event registration by Monday, September 18, 2023, to receive the resume book. If you have any issues submitting the registration, please email our committee at CareerDay@fpadfw.org.
- FPA DFW Career Development Committee will send the resume books to interviewing firms by Friday, September 22, 2023.
- The interviewing firms will review the resumes and schedule their own virtual interviews to be held the week of October 2nd through October 6th. The Career Development Committee will not be scheduling interviews for firms this year.
- Both employers and interviewees participating in the virtual Career Week MUST register online.
- All interviewing firms and interviewees are invited to join us on October 2nd for a special virtual session titled "Next-Gen Advisors Are the Key To Your Financial Future Success". This session is complimentary to all interviewers and interviewees! Let us know if you would like to attend this session when you register in order to receive the Zoom link. Details can be found below. If you are not planning to interview you can still attend this session by registering online and paying the event fee.
As someone who came from outside of financial services, Alanah Phillips is keenly aware of why next-gen talent is not interested in our industry. With this insight, she has developed strategies for recruiting and hiring next-gen folks that address these issues at the start. Those strategies work and she can teach you how to use them effectively to unlock the future success of your business.
There are two recruiting challenges inherent to our industry that Alanah is determined to help fix. For those outside it, there is a PR problem based on a number of misconceptions. And internally, there is a 'we've always done it this way' attitude that is discouraging innovative, and talented next-gen hires.
Many advisors are not ready for what it will take to prepare their practices for next-gen talent and they often feel lsot when it comes to hiring, training, and retaining this up-and-coming group. But, finding the next advisor for your team is crucial and imminent. Alanah is here to help!
With 10+ years of hiring, training, and development experience, and 6+ years consulting with advisor teams as an advocate, you want Alanah involved in helping you level-up with your next advisor hire.
If you register as an interviewing firm and purchase a resume book, this session is included. If you do not plan to interview or purchase a resume book you can still attend the session for $15. Online registration is required in order to receive the Zoom link.