FPA Residency Program 2020
Participants can earn 28 CFP® continuing education credits or three months of experience toward CFP Board's three-year requirement.
Who Should Attend?
This program is intended for those who are just entering the financial planning profession and want training in a comprehensive, client-centered approach to financial planning.
Our core audience for FPA Residency is made up of those who:
- Have completed the required CFP Board-registered program and are eligible to sit for the CFP® Certification Examination.
- Are a CFP® professional and have held the designation for three years or less.
- Have not been practicing financial planning for a period of time.
- Are not involved in client-facing financial planning.
Being part of FPA Residency allows you to transition from 'becoming' a financial planner to 'being' a financial planner.
During this intensive, week-long program, residents will:
- Participate in an interactive learning experience using three progressive case studies. Residents role play real-life scenarios with clients and receive in-the-moment, individualized feedback from the experienced and prominent financial planners who serve as mentors.
- Share their passion for financial planning with like-minded peers and, in the process, develop friendships and professional relationships quickly that carry on throughout their careers.
- Learn the ‘art’ of financial planning by fine-tuning their listening skills and translating technical financial knowledge into a competency and wisdom for the benefit of their clients.
- Earn 28 CFP® continuing education credits or three months of experience toward CFP Board's three-year requirement.
By registering for this FPA event, you are opting in to receive communication from conference sponsors. To manage your communication preferences, you can login to your FPA profile to make edits, call (800) 322-4237, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.