FPA Diversity & Inclusion Vision Statement
FPA is committed to creating and supporting an inclusive community.
Connect with your FPA Community
FPA is home to numerous communities focused on being a person with a diverse background, or serving diverse communities.
These peer-to-peer learning online communities provide conversation, webinars and resources for individuals who are diverse financial planners or serve diverse communities. All are welcome, please choose the communities that fit your needs:
- African American Knowledge Circle
- Asian-American/Pacific Islander Knowledge Circle
- International & Cross-border Financial Planning Knowledge Circle
- Latino Knowledge Circle
- Neurodivergent Planners Knowledge Circle
- NexGen Community
- PridePlanners Knowledge Circle
- Women & Finance Knowledge Circle
*Note you must be logged in with your FinancialPlanningAssociation.org credentials to access the above member-only communities.
FPA is home to many online communities for members serving a variety of demographic and diversity-related areas:
- FPA NexGen
- FPA Connect - new communities become available regularly. Want to talk about something different? Create your own community and start the conversation!
FPA Diversity & Inclusion Committee
Established in 2008, FPA was at the forefront in focusing on diversity and inclusion in the financial planning profession. Our work continues, and as a board-appointed committee, this group of leaders focus on leadership, education, community, and opportunity for those who are diverse or who serve diverse communities.
The Committee’s work is currently focused on a three-year plan that launched June 2019 in coordination with FPA’s Board of Directors, which includes the following elements:
- Diversity and Inclusion Education for members, chapter leaders, national volunteers, staff
- Tools and Resources for chapter leaders, members and leaders in the profession
- Opportunities to support members through community (virtual and in-person)
- Scholarships to support diverse members
- Partnership and collaboration with like-minded organizations
To learn more about the Committee’s work or to join the effort contact FPADiversity@OneFPA.org.
Resources for FPA Chapters
- Incorporating Diversity & Inclusion at FPA Chapters - July 2020
- Steps to Beginning Diversity & Inclusion locally
- Diversity & Inclusion Rubric
- Diversity & Inclusion Conversation Starters