Financial Empowerment Programs
The committee conducts group financial literacy programs and workshops in all five boroughs of New York City. Our financial empowerment workshops and individual counseling sessions deliver hundreds of hours of financial planning to the community each year. We offer the following programs to partner organizations:
One-on-One Planning Sessions
30-minute sessions with clients to assist in establishing a financial plan and address individualized questions.
Regarding Taxes, Retirement Planning, Credit Repair, Banking or other topics as requested.
Basic Financial Empowerment Program
A unique program for certain organizations that consists of a four-to-six session workshop series about the basics of goal setting and budgeting, banking, credit repair, debt management, savings and investments, and very basic retirement planning, insurance, and wills.
A twelve week, one-and-one-half hour workshop series (some with pre- and post-testing) covering the following financial planning topics:
- Goals and Spending - Banking
- Credit and Credit Repair
- Employment Benefits - Find the Hidden Treasures in Your Paycheck
- Investments - Understand Investments & Build a Portfolio
- Retirement - Retire Young & Rich
- Demystify Your Tax Return
- Buy or Rent
- Small Business
- Wills - No Will! - Who Gets Your Stuff & Who Raises Your Kids?
- *Exam and Certificate of Financial Literacy Presentation Ceremony (for the MoneyW!SE Program)