Yusuf Abugideiri, CFP®, is a Partner and Senior Financial Planner at Yeske Buie®. Yusuf shares his career journey from intern to now lead planner and partner and the various responsibilities he had along the way. Having spent his career growing under Dr. Dave Yeske and Elissa Buie, two power houses in the financial planning profession, Yusuf has a unique perspective on what it takes to grow a career in financial planning.
After intensive and on-the-job mentoring and training, Yusuf shares how he approached receiving feedback, especially when it was negative. Yusuf’s mindset on feedback and learning helped him adapt quickly to his new roles and helped him find growth and success. Yusuf shares the keys he’s found to finding career success and growing personally and professionally.
As Yusuf grew into the partner role, he credits the ability to manage himself as well as learning how to more effectively manage others as part of this success. Yusuf shares the keys he’s learned about managing and how that impacts his daily interactions with those around him.
What You’ll Learn:
- How college students, or aspiring financial planners, can find unique opportunities to “test drive” their ideal careers through internships
- How to grow yourself as a planner while working for a larger firm
- How to communicate with firm owners when you have ideas that may differ from theirs
- Ways you can grow in client communication
- How to develop your own definition of personal integrity within your work as a new planner
- How to receive and give feedback
- How to manage up
- How to manage employees
- What career path development looks like