Patrick Brewer, CFA, CPA, founder of SurePath Wealth Management and Brewer Consulting, has found his passion in helping other planners learn to market themselves. He started as many planners do - in a call-center type of roll fielding questions from people who were looking to close their retirement accounts because they were afraid of the markets. That roll inspired him to pursue a career as a financial planner.
He quickly realized that the financial services industry pushes planner marketing that creates a uniform planner “persona” across the board. He believes that this type of sales-driven, cookie cutter marketing is hurting solo financial planners who are good people and are trying to get client eyes on them.
Patrick still runs SurePath Wealth Management, his financial planning practice. But through Brewer Consulting, he’s also staying connected in the financial planning profession and helping other planners to find their voice, connect with their ideal clients, and advocating for young planners who are ready to make a name for themselves.
What You’ll Learn:
- How traditional sales methods and marketing limits new financial planners
- How to recognize and then articulate your value to firm owners and clients
- How to identify your client’s pain points to put together a marketing plan that accesses them
- How to warm up your audience
- Ways you can use funnels and video to target your ideal clients
- How to keep marketing budgets low at the start of your business
- The importance of growing niche affiliations.