Your host, Hannah Moore CFP®, steps into the hot seat this week to be interviewed by Rianka Dorsainvil, CFP®! Hannah is incredibly passionate about the financial planning profession. In this exclusive interview, Hannah is talking about her struggles early on in her career, how she discovered the difference between financial advice and financial planning, and how she found her tribe within the financial planning profession.
Hannah’s career launched in an incredibly unique way. She bought a financial planning practice when she was 26 years old, and was effectively thrown into the deep end of the financial planning world. She learned in the most hands-on way possible, and she quickly realized that isolation as a young planner was not only detrimental to her career, but to her clients.
When Hannah attended her first FPA NexGen Gathering, she quickly realized she had found her people. She was sitting next to pioneers of the profession, and new planners alike - and they were all there for one reason: to spread the gospel of financial planning and to focus on making themselves into the best planners they could be. This was game changing for Hannah, and inspired her involvement in the financial planning profession with the #YAFPNW podcast and, ultimately, the launch of the FPA Activate community.
What You’ll Learn:
- What makes an exceptional planner
- How to “show up” in the financial planning profession
- How to find your people in this profession
- Where to connect with other planners
- How to power through insecurities when you’re a new planner
- Revelations Hannah has had as a planner, entrepreneur, and business owner
- How you can combine your creative side with a career in financial planning