Today’s episode was one of the keynote sessions at FPA Retreat 2018 and in this session Jack Blankinship, Ben Coombs, Charlie Hughes, and Lew Walker came together to discuss the topic: 45 Years of Building a Profession. These industry leaders walk us through what financial planning looked like many years ago, the changes they’ve seen, and what they’ve learned as a result.
2018 marks the 45th anniversary of the CFP marks and our profession has come a long way in that time. We are encouraged that this profession will continue to grow and evolve, and that you are all a part of it. Together, we need to know we’ve been to understand where we can go! So, here at #YAFPNW, we are excited to bring you several more episodes throughout 2018 on the topic of our shared history - as told by the planning professionals who where there!
I hope you enjoy!
What You’ll Learn:
- How “the movement” started 45 years ago to provide true financial planning to clients.
- How the term “fiduciary” came to be - and what industry leaders did to push for that kind of clarification among financial professionals.
- How leadership builds leadership - and how that helps us grow.
- The importance of embracing change in our profession.
- What people experienced while building this profession from scratch.
- How we can continue to search for answers in our push to serve clients better, grow our profession, and become better advisors