This week we had the pleasure of sitting down with Ben Granjé, a behavioral psychologist. Ben has worked for Morningstar in the past, and is now the managing director at Beconomics, a consulting firm in Belgium. He’s focusing on the financial industry to highlight the difference in money mindsets around the world, and to help planners push their clients toward positive change.
Ben has some fascinating insights in this episode, and we were thrilled to chat with him at the FPA Annual Conference. It’s always exciting to see what the financial planning industry is up to on an international scale.
If you haven’t yet, make sure to join our brand new FPA Activate Facebook Group! We’ll be hosting ongoing discussions about this episode, and all things financial planning.
Things You’ll Learn in This Episode:
- How behavioral psychology applies to financial planning.
- How money mindsets differ between the US and the rest of the world.
- The different ways student loans impact different cultures.
- How financial planning looks on an international level.
- What stays the same across cultures when it comes to financial goals and setbacks.
- How we can help our clients achieve positive change.
- Why it’s important to fail early (and big) early in your career as a financial planner.
Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance
Institute of Personal Financial Planning at Kansas State Universit