Today we are incredibly excited to have Dr. Dave Yeske, CFP® back with us on #YAFPNW. He is one of the giants in our profession and was recently selected as the 2017 P. Kemp Fain, Jr., Award recipient.
The P. Kemp Fain, Jr., Award is the highest recognition in the financial planning profession. It’s a lifetime achievement award given by the FPA and the list of recipients holds our profession's elite.
Dave loves our profession and his excitement about financial planning is infectious. He has a long list of credentials and his articles continue to help move our profession forward. Dave is continually giving to our profession and helping to shape it as the Practioner Editor of the Journal of Financial Planning and as the director of Golden Gate University's financial planning program.
In this episode, Dave shows us a blueprint to leaving our mark on the financial planning profession. He shares his insights on what the profession means to him and the importance of growing the financial planning community together.
Things You’ll Learn in This Episode:
- The why and how of staying passionate about financial planning.
- The importance of finding your tribe.
- The background of Dave’s research in Evidence-Based Financial Planning.
- How financial planning does not simply involve the "art and science," but how it's the artful application of science in all areas, including the "interior" side of planning.
- Where Dave sees the financial planning profession growing when we finally have the confidence in what we bring to the table.
- How the big problems facing our profession can only be solved together.
- Why "Live Big" is the tagline of Dave's financial planning firm.
Foundation for Financial Planning