Brent Beene, CFP®, MS and Matt Masterson, CFP®, CPWA®, are both wealth advisors at RegentAtlantic - a financial planning practice in New York and New Jersey. As a managing partner, Brent has helped to build the team from the ground up. Over time, Regent Atlantic has scaled as a firm, and they’ve put in a significant amount of effort to build unique career paths that help their new employees grow.
The RegentAtlantic team has developed several career track opportunities for their employees. They’ve created a three-tier career path that offers growth opportunities for everyone - even individuals who aren’t wealth advisors! There are partnership opportunities within operations and marketing, as well as traditional wealth advisor or financial planning roles.
Brent walks us through their employee career track process from initial hiring to ongoing progress tracking to their firm’s ever-evolving performance culture.
Matt is able to give a unique perspective as an advisor who came from a smaller firm, and was drawn to RegentAtlantic because of their unique approach to career track building. In his time with Regent Atlantic, he’s grown as a wealth advisor, and has been pursuing management with the goal of becoming a partner in the future.
In this episode, Brent and Matt break down the benefits to having clearly defined career “road maps”. They both believe that these career paths, both within the wealth advisor role and in other roles in the firm, benefit both the firm and the individual employees. Whether you’re a new planner who is looking to learn more about how to find a firm with cultivated career tracks, or you’re a firm owner who wants to implement a similar system in your own practice - this episode is a must-listen!
What You’ll Learn:
- Why career tracks are important
- What parts of the business and firm that employees at all levels should be exposed to
- How firm culture impacts the employee and employer side of the career track
- What a successful review process looks like
- Where to start if you are building out your career tracks
- How career tracks encourage employee growth
- Ways that career tracks grow your business
- How to offer new experiences to people across career tracks in a scalable way
- How feedback can be incorporated into your day-to-day
- How feedback can be viewed as a positive opportunity by managers and employees