The FPA of the National Capital Area and its members provide free, no-strings-attached financial advice and planning to help underserved populations in metro D.C. and its surrounding communities change their tomorrows. In partnership with community organizations, the FPA of the National Capital Area conducts the following pro bono activities:
- Metro Washington Financial Planning Day: Serving hundreds of residents in need of pro bono financial planning advice, the FPA of the National Capital Area has been hosting an annual Financial Planning Day for Washington D.C. residents since 2010. The event offers free, no-strings-attached, financial planning advice and workshops covering budgeting, retirement, women’s issues, mortgage considerations, student loans, and more.
- Quantico Marine Base: In 2019, the FPA of National Capital Area partnered with FIT to provide free, no-strings-attached financial planning advice to approximately 65 service members.
- FPA Advocacy Day: In conjunction with the 2019 FPA Advocacy Day, FPA of the National Capital Area members provided free, no-strings-attached financial planning advice to 30 Capitol Hill staff members.
- Charity Golf Outing: For more than 25 years, the FPA of the National Capital Area hosts a charity golf outing to fund the chapter’s pro bono activities and support the Foundation for Financial Planning.
- Financial Planning for Cancer Program: In partnership with the Foundation for Financial Planning and Family Reach, the FPA of the National Capital Area recruits volunteers for the Financial Planning for Cancer Program to help cancer patients and their caregivers manage finances during a difficult time.