Are you passionate about the future of financial planning? Join your fellow members working hard to affect legislation that impacts the profession you care about.
We hope you can join us at the FPA of Michigan 2023 Advocacy Day on June 7th! For more information or to register, click here.
FPA Advocacy is dedicated to protecting and growing our businesses and elevating the financial planning profession. Following are some key areas that FPA is Advocating for:
- FPA believes that supporting financial literacy can elevate the financial planning profession and grow the number of financial planners.
- FPA Advocates to protect vulnerable adults from financial exploitation.
- One profession/one designation.
- Distinguishing financial planning from other types of financial advice.
- FPA supports the deductibility of financial planning fees and opposes the taxation of financial planning services and financial transaction taxes.
- FPA supports regulation which allows financial planners to use traditional and non-traditional fee models.
If you are interested in learning more, contact FPA of Michigan Advocacy Committee Chair, Julie Hall at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nadine Burns, CFP®
Sandra Kerr, CFP®, AIF
Nick Nauta, CFP®
CURRENT ADVOCACY NEWS:
- FPA Advocacy Resources: Click here for additional information.
- Legislation or Regulation in the Your State and Congress. Click here to find more information for Michigan Legislation and Regulation pertinent to financial planners. Please note, you must log-in before you can access the page.