Click below for a short message from FPA of Michigan Advocacy Committee Chair, Julie Hall.
If you are interested in learning more, contact FPA of Michigan Advocacy Committee Chair, Julie Hall at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CURRENT ADVOCACY NEWS:
- FPA Advocacy Resources: Click here for additional information.
- Legislation or Regulation in the Your State and Congress. Click here to find more information for Michigan Legislation and Regulation pertinent to financial planners. Please note, you must log-in before you can access the page.
- Federal Pro Act (H.R. 842) - Protecting the Right to Organize Act of 2014. Here is what we need to know:
- It imposes the restrictive ABC test which assumes workers are employees unless all elements of the test of are met. We believe this test could result in the reclassification of financial advisors and financial planners as employees.
- We want the legislation amended to either exclude financial advisors and financial planners or amended to narrow the ABC test so that it is not as sweeping.
- Members of Congress need to hear from us to understand our concerns and fully understand the impact of including financial planners in changes to how independent contracts are classified.
- Click here to learn more about H.R. 842.
- What you can do? Click here to contact Congress to Amend HR842 Protecting the Right to Organize.
If you would like to learn more about H.R. 842, take a minute to view this short video from the FPA of Houston who have done a great job explaining H.R. 842.