The late Dick Wagner was a thought leader, financial planner, attorney and writer, as well as a passionate champion of competent, ethical financial advice as a profession.
The Richard B. Wagner Memorial Scholarship Fund is meant to advance and diversify the certified professional planner professional workforce in his honor.
Wagner died in 2017 at age 68. He held the CFP certification and was a well-known thinker and columnist writing about the nature of economics and putting the financial planning profession in a historical context. He also had a passion for building the profession and empowering younger financial planners to succeed.
The scholarship program is administered by FPA volunteer leaders and applications for conferences will become available here as they arise.
- FPA Spring Residency Scholarship (2022 Scholarship is closed)
- FPA Fall Residency Scholarship (2022 Scholarship is closed)
- FPA NexGen Gathering (2022 Scholarship is closed)
- FPA Annual Conference (2022 Scholarship is closed)
- Other FPA Professional Development Programs as Applicable
- Must be a student seeking to complete a CFP Board-registered program (certificate or university) that would qualify the individual to sit for the CFP exam - OR-
- CFP professionals
- Applicants must reside in the United States, demonstrate financial need, and be part of an under-represented populated related to gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, individuals 35 and under, or those with disabilities.
Due to IRS reporting requirements, awardee names, mailing addresses and contact information will be shared with CFP Board for tax purposes.