DENVER (April 12, 2022) – The Financial Planning Association® (FPA®), the leading membership organization for Certified Financial Planner™ professionals, and Kitces Speaking, a business unit of Kitces.com, a leading provider of financial planning education and thought leadership, today announced a partnership to support educational programming for FPA’s nationwide network of local chapters.
For 22 years, FPA chapters have played a central role in building the value of membership through various services and programs, including monthly and quarterly education events, conferences, and symposia. While some chapters have the resources and financial wherewithal to afford speakers of significant stature, many cannot. FPA and Kitces Speaking have negotiated discounted pricing for several of Kitces.com’s most recognizable thought leaders to support FPA’s chapters.
“We are thrilled to announce a new multi-year partnership with Kitces.com to provide our chapters with the support they have long sought to access high-quality speakers for their events and programs,” says Patrick D. Mahoney, FPA chief executive officer. “As a past FPA chapter leader himself, Michael Kitces understands our chapters and their critically important role for our members and the FPA community nationwide. His commitment, and that of his team’s, to making the services of Kitces Speaking financially accessible for more of our chapters will enhance their programs and add meaningful value to the member experience for many.”
The two-year partnership agreement provides access to Kitces.com speakers at negotiated discounts exclusively for FPA chapters, including:
- A 20% discount for all FPA in-person and virtual events.
- An additional 20% discount on virtual FPA chapter events for chapters with fewer than 400 active paid members.
- A further 15% discount for in-person events booked with a Kitces Speaker who was already appearing at another private event within an FPA chapter’s metro area.
“As a former president of a ‘mid-sized’ FPA chapter myself, I know that organizing events with strong external speakers can be especially challenging given limited chapter resources,” said Michael Kitces, Chief Financial Planning Nerd at Kitces.com. “Fortunately, the pandemic has given us new models to conduct entirely virtual as well as hybrid events, which now allows us to provide additional discounts to support more FPA chapters.”
Through the partnership, FPA chapters will be able to secure Kitces.com’s featured speakers, including:
- Michael Kitces, MSFS, MTAX, CFP®, CLU, CHFC, RHU, REBC, CASL: As the Head of Planning Strategy for Buckingham Wealth Partners and leader of multiple businesses serving the needs of financial planners, Michael speaks on advanced financial planning strategies, retirement strategies, practice management, and industry trends.
- Jeffrey Levine, CFP®, CPA/PFS, AIF, CWS®, MSA: A nationally recognized and award-winning adviser, speaker, and educator, Jeffrey speaks on advanced tax and retirement planning strategies.
- Derek Tharp, Ph.D., CFP®, CLU: The lead researcher at Kitces.com and an assistant professor of finance at the University of Southern Maine, Derek speaks on retirement, saving, and spending research.
- Meghaan Lurtz, Ph.D., FBS™: A Senior Research Associate at Kitces.com and past President of the Financial Therapy Association, Meghaan speaks on financial psychology and behavioral finance.
“I am grateful to Michael and his team for their support of our chapters. This partnership is an example of the excellent relationships we can forge as an Association by embracing our mission to elevate the financial planning profession and supporting our ever-important chapters and the members they serve. We look forward to building on this relationship with Michael and his team and exploring other opportunities that strengthen the value of membership for our chapters,” added Mahoney.
All speaker discounts are now in effect until Dec. 31, 2023. FPA chapters can contact Kitces.com directly to secure a speaker, and are encouraged to monitor the Kitces Speaking Schedule to identify opportunities to secure a heavily discounted add-on in-person event.
About the Financial Planning Association
The Financial Planning Association® (FPA®) is the leading membership organization for CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNERTM professionals and those engaged in the financial planning process. FPA is the CFP® professional’s partner in planning by helping them realize their vision of professional fulfillment through practice support, learning, advocacy, and networking. Learn more about FPA at financialplanningassociation.org and on Twitter at twitter.com/fpassociation.
Kitces.com publishes the #1 financial planning industry blog, Nerd’s Eye View, and provides a wide range of advanced educational content for financial advisors through both nerdy long-from educational articles, research white papers, in-person live events, and on-demand webinars and Courses, and livestream virtual Summits. The Kitces.com Members Section provides continuing education credits for a wide range of advanced professional designations, including CFP® certificants, CPWA and CIMA from the Investments & Wealth Institute, CPE for CPAs and Enrolled Agents, IAR CE, and more.