The Member Advocacy Council (MAC) wants to provide you with some helpful links to get you up to speed. Below you can find different tools to help you comply with either the CFP Code of Ethics and Standards of Conduct or the Regulation Best Interest Rule.
- The recently released ROADMAP, will give you a walkthrough of the Code and Standards with helpful graphics.
- The CASE STUDIES will provide examples of when conduct falls inside and outside the Code and Standards and give you an opportunity to select the best answer from multiple choices.
- If you need CFP ETHICS CE, FPA provides education on the new CFP Code of Ethics and Standards of Conduct in both live and online formats.
- Journal of Financial Planning CFP Board Code and Standards: Your Questions Answered
- CFP Board Code of Ethics: Elevating the Profession
- Regulation Best Interest: What It Means for Financial Planners
- Streamlining Compliance of SEC's RegBi and CFP® Code and Standards
- Overview Interpretive Guidance on SEC Standard of Conduct for Investment Advisors
- Journal in the Round Discussion: Deconstructing the SEC's New Rule Package
If you want to share an opinion or concern, or want to suggest something for the MAC to consider, please send an email to FPAMAC@OneFPA.org.