When Alex Hopkin, AFC®, CFP®, originally founded Simply Paraplanner, she felt an overwhelming frustration with the fact that there wasn’t a spot where paraplanners could connect with job openings - a problem she personally faced despite growing interest from firms looking to hire a paraplanner. So, she set out to change that. Now, Simply Paraplanner offers a space for paraplanners to grow their skillsets and find virtual work, and a spot for financial planning practice owners to find a paraplanner that’s a perfect fit for their needs.
In today's episode Alex joins us to explore the history of Simply Paraplanner and what you can expect if you're looking to hire for virtual paraplanning support. Also, if you're listening and want to know more about about being a paraplanner, standing out hiring process, and the education you'd need under your belt - we've got you covered as well.
What You’ll Learn:
- What differentiates a paraplanner from a junior planner
- How some paraplanners are choosing to pursue paraplanning as a long-term career path
- How advisors can expect to pay a paraplanner who works with them
- What Simply Paraplanner aims to do when matching a paraplanner with an advisor firm
- The types of tasks a paraplanner can tackle
- What type of education paraplanners should consider pursuing