Bryan Hasling, CFP ®, has focused on building a network of financial planners who lift one another up. Early on in his college education, Bryan knew that finding a support system within the Texas Tech’s financial planning program would be key to growing a successful career in the financial planning profession.
He’s carried this mentality throughout his early career - he’s joined the FPA, won the FPA NexGen Gathering scholarship in 2015, and went on to be the San Francisco FPA NexGen Director for 2 years. Bryan has also participated in study groups, and has focused on helping other financial planners learn how to foster community in their practices and with one another to thrive.
Bryan started his career after Texas Tech with a small firm in the Bay area. Although it was the newest firm that had given him a job offer, and posed the highest risk as a new grad, he took the leap because it was the type of community he had been looking for in a financial planning practice. Now, less than 5 years later, he’s on track to become a partner. Bryan largely credits this to the community and network he’d built within FPA and the financial planning profession as a whole, and the amazing environment that his practice built when they originally hired him as their first employee.
Now, Bryan wants to help other financial planners learn how to build career paths within their practice that fosters the success of their new employees, grow a tribe that supports them, and grow together.
What You’ll Learn:
- How to find your “tribe” in financial planning
- Why it’s more important to try than to find perfection
- Why it’s important to surround yourself with people who you want to emulate, not people who exhibit behaviors you don’t want to be associated with
- What he’s learned from FPA NexGen
- How to weigh risk and reward when trying to pick a job after college
- How NexGen planners can grow faster
- Why he chose the Bay area out of college (when he went to college at Texas Tech)
- Why many financial planning practices can’t keep their employees
- How to “find your people” and why it’s key to success
- How study groups can help to facilitate growth
- How to bounce back from failing the CFP Exam
JW Harrison Financial Advisors
G2: Building the Next Generation (Bloomberg Financial) 1st Edition