Do you have a strategy for growing your practice based on human connections? Humans want to work with humans. That’s why Mike Byrnes promotes the idea of building a business growth strategy on a foundation of rock-solid relationships both with clients and with your fellow financial planners.
This concept, in Mike’s opinion, applies to all aspects of your business from asking for referrals to building relationships with influencers in your network. Building out your media presence, networking with your colleagues in the financial planning profession, and maintaining a sense of authenticity is key to create real human connections that will transform your practice.
Mike has some incredible insights on how to re-purpose your media for improved engagement, the best methods for networking with your colleagues and helping one another grow, and how to ask for referrals from clients without damaging your relationship.
This episode is a must-listen for anyone who is working to blaze a trail for themselves in the financial planning profession!
What You’ll Learn:
- How to embrace different skills that take time to develop - like being on camera, speaking at events, and reading off of a script
- How multiple forms of media can help to build your relationships with clients, prospects, and your network
- The best ways to avoid sounding “stiff” in videos or podcast recordings
- Ways to navigate asking for referrals from clients
- How to create authentic connections with new clients walking in the door
- What companies are looking for in a new hire
- How to position yourself for success in your financial planning job search
- How to create positive relationships across generations within the financial planning profession
- How a succession plan can work successfully for all parties
- The best way to improve your professional relationships