Jeffrey Levine, CPA/PFS, CFP®, believes that the key to getting started in this profession is to know your stuff. And he’s a testament that it works. Jeff is a self-proclaimed retirement tax guru, and has found his passion within retirement-focused financial planning and helping others organize their financial lives.
When he got started in the profession, Jeff worked for Ed Slott of Ed Slott and Company, LLC. Being surrounded by such big players in the financial planning profession at such an early point in his career, Jeff learned first hand that being engaged with information and with people who are willing to guide and mentor you is a big key to learning as much as you can, and being the best advisor you can be.
As one of Investment News’s 40 Under 40 and a successful co-founder of Blueprint Wealth Alliance, he has truly thrived living by the “know your stuff” philosophy. Many young financial planners are nervous when first sitting down with clients. Jeffrey takes time in this episode to outline how researching your niche, studying financial planning, and embodying what it means to be an expert can eliminate your worry when you’re just getting started.
Jeff also encourages people to stay patient and do the hard work that this career requires. With time, your dedication will pay off!
What You’ll Learn:
- What building a successful financial planning practice looks like.
- What kind of information you need to know when partnering with other planners.
- Why it’s important to surround yourself with successful, intelligent people who want to help you grow and mentor you.
- How putting in the hours helps to solidify your “expertise” in the eyes of clients, colleagues, and your own mind.
- How to manage your calendar to stay engaged - even as you get busier and grow in your career.
- Why it might be a good choice to start your own firm rather than taking over someone else’s.