Sten Morgan struck out on his own at 25 years old to start his own financial planning practice. After an internship at Northwest Mutual and a job at Raymond James, he chose to start a financial planning practice in a new town where he knew almost nobody. People said he was crazy, but he knew he could push himself past the difficult growth period to a point where he was running a healthy, booming financial planning practice.
Five years later, Sten has built Strategic Financial Partners, his financial planning firm in Tennessee, to over $100M. He pushed past what he knew he was comfortable with and challenged himself to find creative ways to get in front of clients. From taking a public speaking course to gathering email addresses from a local hospital’s directory, Sten worked to market to one of his niche markets in the medical field and add value to their lives.
Sten is a big believer that most people are ignorant of what they’re capable of achieving, and the resources and information available to them that will help them grow. He wants all advisors to be aware of just how much they have to gain by taking risks and breaking out of the rut they’re stuck in.
You’re going to be blown away by Sten’s out-of-the-box ideas, and the encouraging advice he has for both new financial planners looking to get started and find success, as well as seasoned planners who have been feeling the urge to grow and improve themselves and their businesses.
What You’ll Learn:
- How a business owner comes up with processes for working with clients.
- How Sten became successful with running his own firm in a short period of time.
- How Sten focuses on Centers of Influence (COIs) to build his firm and grow his client base.
- How to power through what makes you nervous to challenge yourself and find success.
- How to better understand your weak points and set discomfort goals to stretch yourself and grow.
- How to change your mind-sets to move you toward success.