Charesse Hagan is a testament to the fact that there are many different career paths available to professionals in the financial planning industry. After working for two years in the advisor world as an associate planner, Charesse began to feel that working for a wealth management firm wasn’t necessarily for her.
Feeling confident in her experience, she struck out on her own. At first, Charesse exclusively involved herself in paraplanning work. Over time, her business model evolved to offer both operations consulting and some light paraplanning for long-term clients.
In the financial planning profession, we’re often fed a narrative that the best (or only) route for young professionals to take is to work toward being a lead advisor at a large firm, or to launch your own RIA. Charesse, however, believes that we need to challenge this narrative and highlight all career opportunities within the financial planning industry so that everyone can find their best fit.
Charesse has had colossal success running her own consulting and paraplanning business, and she’s excited about the possibilities that are still open to her in the future. By committing to the entrepreneur lifestyle, she has the potential to live and work as a digital nomad, add additional services to her business model, hire employees - the opportunities are endless.
Tune in to learn more about Charesse’s journey, and how you can find your own space within the financial planning community.
What You’ll Learn:
- Different career opportunities within the finance industry.
- What kind of education or experience you should look for if you’re considering launching your own business that serves financial planners.
- What technology Charesse finds valuable for financial planners.
- The difference between an associate planner and a paraplanner - and how you can determine which is a best fit for you.
- How staying organized and building out processes can help you to implement strategy.
- How providing the best customer experience possible is often all the marketing you need.