Andi Wrenn’s mission is to reach as many service members and their families as possible to help coach them through their finances to achieve their biggest life goals. As a military spouse, she’s truly walked the walk, and works to help people understand the unique financial challenges they might face while involved with the military. More than that, she approaches each conversation with a mind to marriage and family counseling, which allows her to view financial coaching in a more comprehensive way.
Andi has an educational background rooted in both financial planning and counseling, which is unusual within the financial planning profession. Listening to this episode, you’ll be blown away by Andi’s approach to financial planning and how she incorporates counseling and coaching into her work with clients.
There’s so much that financial planners from all walks of life can learn from her, from how to balance dissenting opinions between a couple during a financial planning meeting to how to listen in a way that builds trust and creates a positive client relationship.
What You’ll Learn:
- What unique financial dilemmas military members and their families face
- How to listen and build trust with clients
- How family and marriage counseling can tie into financial planning
- Why getting a variety of experience is beneficial
- How to balance a couple’s differing financial views
- The best way to incorporate coaching into your financial planning
- How to encourage a couple who are a financial planning client to listen to one another and find middle ground