Eric Roberge, owner and founder of Beyond Your Hammock, had a long journey in the financial planning profession. He shares his story and how he doesn’t regret testing out several different roles before finding the one that fit his lifestyle best.
The financial planning profession is expansive - and there are so many opportunities out there for new CFPs to experience. Eric encourages everyone who is just starting out to find the role that allows them to live the life they’ve always dreamed of. He is living proof that there isn’t a single cookie-cutter model of financial planning career - and that that’s a good thing!
In this episode you’ll learn:
- Different roles that Eric worked throughout his career as a financial planner (even before he took his CFP® exam).
- How he decided what motivated him - and how he applied that to his career choices.
- What he did to become more involved with the profession.
- How he has been growing his career and his practice.
- How he evaluated his own values and how they impact his work as well as his clients’ lives.