Rianka Dorsainvil, CFP®, believes that everybody needs to be thinking about what they want their greatest contribution to this world to be. This idea is the cornerstone of her financial planning practice - Your Greatest Contribution - and everything she involves herself in.
From her new podcast on diversity and inclusion in the financial planning industry, 2050 TrailBlazers, to her involvement with the CFP Board and NAFA - it’s no wonder she was voted as one of Investment News’s 2017 Women to Watch!
Early in her career, Rianka worked as a paraplanner. As time went on, she started to feel boxed in. “Anyone who knows me knows that I’m a bird that can’t be caged,” says Rianka. Eventually, her health made the decision for her - and she struck out on her own.
She founded her own financial planning practice, Your Greatest Contribution, because she didn’t want to be defined by the widely accepted definition of “financial planner.” Financial planning is changing, and as financial planners our jobs are constantly shifting to meet the needs of the clients we care about - and everything we do needs to contribute to them, because that relationship is always the most important thing.
In this episode, Rianka talks about being a disruptor in the financial planning industry and her life, how to evolve your career and your financial planning practice to reflect your values, and the importance of connecting with people who are ready to push for positive change.
What You’ll Learn:
- How to become a disruptor rather than the disrupted
- Why you can’t be held hostage by your job title
- How to move beyond financial planning to valuable relationship building with your clients
- How to be true to yourself and bring your full self forward in your job
- Who to look for within the profession to connect with and grow together
- How to align your career with what you want YOUR greatest contribution to be