Eugenié George is intentionally looking to enter the financial planning profession. After a career in teaching and technology, she is pursuing the CFP® designation and looking at how to best break into the profession as a career changer.
Eugenié is becoming a financial planner because its part of her larger mission - to help women of color build wealth. This approach brings an intentionality to her career and focuses her on what she wants to do. In looking at how the financial services industry services women of color, Eugenié is going back to the drawing board to explore other business models to serve this demographic. She views this as an unexplored blue ocean opportunity.
Join us on this multiple part case study as we follow Eugenié over the next year on her path to enter the financial planning profession. Eugenié will share an inside look at her journey and challenges and also ask Hannah questions to help her on her journey.
This episode is valuable for everyone because Eugenié provides an refreshing view of our profession and challenges us to expand our view of what financial planning can be for those outside the traditional financial services.
What You’ll Learn:
- What career changers can expect as they explore the financial planning profession
- An outside view of our profession
- How skills from previous careers translate to financial planning
- Importance of building a personal brand
- Why being mission focused drives career choices
- How to evaluate job offers from Broker Dealers or RIA firms
- How to build a personal brand