Editorial Advisory Board
As representatives of the Journal's readership, Editorial Advisory Board members are volunteers who help ensure the Journal’s editorial focus serves its readers well. The Editorial Advisory Board is comprised of financial planning practitioners, academics, and professionals who support the financial planning profession.
- Volunteer terms generally last two calendar years.
- Quarterly, 60-minute conference calls are lively discussions in which members brainstorm various topics to help guide the editor’s work in planning the editorial content for various issues of the Journal. The Board serves as the editor’s “eyes and ears” for what’s actually happening in the profession.
- The edit staff also seeks Editorial Advisory Board member feedback on published Journal content to discover (in a more personal way than our research can provide) what our readers find useful, engaging, interesting, and what needs improvement.
To learn more about this volunteer opportunity, email Carly Schulaka, or call her at (800) 322-4237, ext. 7322.
Peer Review Board
The Journal of Financial Planning plays a unique role in building the body of knowledge in the financial planning profession. Each month it provides FPA members a mix of practical, actionable content and technical, peer-reviewed research papers. The research papers are made possible by dozens of experts—academics and practitioners alike—who volunteer their time to read and evaluate viable manuscripts in a double-blind peer review process. Join this important effort today.
- Possess a thorough understanding of one's area of expertise.
- Evaluate a manuscript's originality and contribution to the knowledge base of financial planning and financial services.
- Evaluate a manuscript for its technical accuracy, soundness of research, and methodology, clarity and relevance.
- Provide detailed and objective comments on manuscripts to help authors improve and further develop their work, with the goal of a manuscript being accepted for publication in the Journal.
- Adhere to review deadlines.
To learn more about this volunteer opportunity, email Journal@OneFPA.org.