FPA MI Pro Bono Committee:
Sandy Adams, CFP® - Co-Chair
Myriam Lerma Amador, Co-Chair
If you are interested in participating or learning more about FPA of Michigan Pro Bono opportunities or perhaps serve on our Chapter's Pro Bono Committee, please click here to complete a short form. If you have any questions for the Pro Bono Committee, please contact Sandy Adams, our Pro Bono Co-Chair, at email@example.com.
The FPA of Michigan Pro Bono Committee has several opportunities in the works!
- Pro Bono Training: Join us virtually on January 24th from 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm and get Pro Bono Trained! This course is "complimentary" for all FPA Members to help financial planners understand the basics of how to provide pro bono services to understand members of the community. FPA requires that all members complete this course before providing any pro bono services on behalf of the FPA. For more information or to register, click here.
- Pro Bono Training and other opportunities through FPA: Please click here to learn more about taking the next step to becoming a Pro Bono Volunteer and the opportunities available through the FPA Pro Bono Program.
- Financial Literacy through Junior Achievement: We are currently looking for opportunities to volunteer at Junior Achievement Finance Park in Detroit. It would be a ½ day time commitment assisting students experience a "day in the life” of an adult handling finances. This is a very interactive and engaging experience for the students following a series of teacher led classroom lessons on basic financial concepts. No advance training needed for these opportunities. We will advertise the opportunities as they are available.
- Pro Bono Volunteers needed for one-on-one meetings with Legislative Staffers: As a lead in to the FPA of Michigan Advocacy Day (to be announced for 2023), the FPA of Michigan Pro Bono Committee will be hosting a pro bono event for legislative staffers. During this event, legislative staffers will hear a presentation on a broad overview of a variety of money topics, including budgeting, expense, debt, saving and retirement among other things. At the end of the presentation, staffers will be given the opportunity to sign up for one-on-one virtual meetings with FPA of Michigan volunteers. We will be looking for FPA of Michigan members to volunteer to meet with staffers for these one-on-one appointments.
- If you are interested in volunteering to host a one-on-one appointment with a staffer, please click here to complete a short form. Please note, in order to volunteer for this opportunity, you do need to be a CFP® and have completed the FPA Pro Bono Training. Please click here to learn the next steps to becoming a Pro Bono volunteer, including the Pro Bono Training. And as a reminder, we will be offering Pro Bono Training virtually on January 24th. For more information or to register, click here.