DENVER (June 24, 2020)—The Financial Planning Association® (FPA®), the largest membership organization for financial planning practitioners and those who support the financial planning process, is pleased to announce the following nine individuals as members of the CEO Search Committee:
- Charles Adi, CFP®, Founder and Principal, Blueprint 360
- Lee Baker, CFP®, Owner and President, Apex Financial Services, Inc.
- Elissa Buie, CFP®, Founder, CEO, Yeske Buie
- Claudia Kane, CPWA®, CIMA®, CFP®, ADPA®, CDFA®, Financial Advisor, Raymond James
- James Lee, CFP®, FPA Search Committee Chair, Founder and President, Lee Investment Management
- Skip Schweiss, AIF®, 2020 FPA President-elect, President, TD Ameritrade Trust Company
- Martin C. Seay, Ph.D., CFP®, 2020 FPA President, Department Head and Associate Professor, Kansas State University
- Catherine Seeber, CFP®, CeFT®, Vice President, Financial Advisor, CAPTRUST
- Evelyn M. Zohlen, CFP®, 2020 FPA Chair, Founder, Inspired Financial, LLC
The CEO Search Committee, which represents the various constituencies that compose the financial planning community, is committed to using a transparent process that will ultimately lead to a candidate recommendation to the FPA Board of Directors.
As part of the search process, the committee intends to engage FPA’s stakeholder community in crafting a position profile that will be used to identify talented candidates.
The CEO Search Committee has also approved a timeline that allows for a thorough and thoughtful search process to identify the leading talent available for this incredibly important role. The goal is for FPA to have the new CEO in the role ideally by January 1, 2021.
To assist in the search process, the CEO Search Committee will work with Vetted Solutions, a highly-respected executive search firm specializing in associations and nonprofits, with offices in Washington, D.C., Chicago and Los Angeles. Vetted Solutions has a proven track record of conducting executive searches for financial planning organizations.
About the Financial Planning Association
The Financial Planning Association® (FPA®) is the principal membership organization for CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNERTM professionals, educators, financial services professionals and students who are committed to elevating the profession that transforms lives through the power of financial planning. With a focus on the practice, business and profession of financial planning, FPA advances financial planning practitioners through every phase of their careers, from novice to master to leader of the profession. Learn more about FPA at FinancialPlanningAssociation.org and follow on Twitter at twitter.com/fpassociation.