Department of Financial Protection and Innovation
The Department of Financial Protection and Innovation licenses and regulates a variety of financial service providers, including securities brokers and dealers and investment advisers.
1515 K Street, Suite 200, Sacramento, CA
- Manuel P. Alvarez, 2021 Commissioner
- Christopher Shultz, Chief Deputy Commissioner
- Edgar L. Gill, Senior Deputy Commissioner, Edgar.email@example.com, (916) 327-6698
California Department of Insurance
The Department of Insurance oversees insurance companies and licenses agents and brokers to protect consumers.
300 Capital Mall, Suite 1700, Sacramento, CA
- Ricardo Lara, 2021 Insurance Commissioner, (916) 492-3666
California State Controller
The Controller’s office is responsible for accountability and disbursement of the state’s financial resources. They oversee the Franchise Tax Board, maintain the Unclaimed Property Division and are tasked with Financial Education.
300 Capitol Mall, Suite 1850, Sacramento, CA
- Betty T. Yee, 2021 Controller
- Lynn Paquin, Deputy Controller, Investments and Financial Management, LPaquin@sco.ca.gov, (916) 324-9756
California State Treasurer
The Treasurer’s office has responsibility for Investments, Banking and Finance. They offer resources in Economic Development, Housing, Health, Education, Community Investments, Small Business and Environment.
915 Capitol Mall, Room 110, Sacramento, CA 95814
- Fiona Ma, 2021 Treasurer