Present Your Research
Have you conducted new research that you wish to share with your professional colleagues? Apply for a 15-minute lighting talk at the FPA Annual Conference. These standing-room-only sessions help planners and academics:
- Learn what topics are at the forefront of financial planning research
- Ask researchers questions
- Provide valuable input that researchers can utilize in developing full research papers
A blind peer-review process will choose nine pieces of unpublished research to be presented in 15-minute time slots at the FPA Annual Conference, Sept. 30–Oct. 2 in Phoenix. The research presentations will be co-sponsored with the Academy of Financial Services (AFS), and the chosen presenters will be eligible for two $500 cash prizes for the two best research presentations.
Submission deadline for 2020 is May 15.
- Submissions are free
- Submit extended abstracts (1,000 to 1,500 words) of unpublished research papers on all topics of financial planning
- Researchers can submit the same research for consideration to both AFS and Call for Papers
- Only one presenter from each of the nine abstracts selected will receive free registration to the FPA Annual Conference
- Research may be published in the Journal of Financial Planning after the conference.
Apply As a Speaker
Share your expertise to a packed room of your colleagues from across the globe. From keynote speakers to general and breakout sessions, there are a host of opportunities.
Our volunteer Annual Conference Task Force will review each submission; however, we are only able to accommodate proposals that best meet our content and programming needs.
For the upcoming 2020 Annual Conference, Sept. 30–Oct. 2 in Phoenix, we are currently seeking content for breakout sessions, not keynote or general sessions.
Visit the Conference Site to Learn More & Apply