The Financial Planning Association of Maryland is the premier community that develops and supports financial planning professionals and elevates the financial planning profession in Maryland.
The Maryland Chapter of the FPA supports approximately 300 members across the state and southern Pennsylvania, with most members centrally located in the Baltimore-Washington corridor. The organization benefits members and partner organizations alike by bringing together like-minded professionals for networking, professional development, community outreach, advocacy, and business-building opportunities throughout the year. Some of our specialty groups include Women in Finance and NexGen for new financial advisors.
We would love to welcome you to our chapter. Join today!
NOTE: Deadline extension for DEI Scholarship to June 30, 2022
We are pleased to accept applications for our 2022 Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Scholarship.
FPA of Maryland has established the Diversity and Inclusion Scholarship to continue the mission of raising awareness and promote inclusiveness of diverse communities within the financial planning profession.
Who is eligible to apply for this scholarship?
Financial professionals & students, including FPA & Non-FPA members, who demonstrate the desire to affect change and diversity within the financial planning profession. Applicant must be a Maryland resident.
Some ways that applicants have demonstrated their commitment to diversity & inclusion:
- Raising awareness of the profession in diverse communities
- Passion for building financial literacy in underrepresented communities
- Membership to an organization(s) that provides financial services to diverse communities
- Serving diverse communities directly with financial planning
- Increasing professional opportunities for diverse communities within the financial planning profession
- Willingness to bring ideas/contribute to Diversity & Inclusion efforts of the local FPA chapter
Scholarship awardee will receive:
- One year of FPA membership
- Sponsorship to attend FPA Annual Conference in 2022 (includes conference registration fees, but the costs of meals, travel, and lodging are not included)
- Invitation to FPA of Maryland Diversity & Inclusion Committee meetings to collaborate and share ideas around D&I initiatives
- Invitation to one FPA of Maryland Board meeting to discuss D&I opportunities with the chapter leadership
The application deadline is June 30, 2022. Please contact Lyn Phelps, firstname.lastname@example.org, for the scholarship application.